Area: Teacher Education
Course: Pedagogy of Science Teaching
- Unit 1: Meaning and Nature of Science
- Unit 2: Values of Teaching Science
- Unit 3: Science Process skills
- Unit 4: Approaches to Curriculum Organization
- Unit 5: Maxims of Teaching Science
- Unit 6: Lecture cum Demonstration
- Unit 7: Project Method of Teaching
Course Developer: Dr.Bijoy K Thomas
Course Duration: 60 hours
Student Teachers enrolled in the Teacher Education Program
Broader Objectives of the Project:
The general objective of this project is:
• To develop E-content resources on the topic ‘Pedagogy of Science Education.’
• To understand the meaning and nature of Science.
• To explain the values of teaching science
• To critically explain the principles of Science Pedagogy
• To develop an understanding of the methods of teaching Science.
• To acquire knowledge about various learning resources and its management in science education.
• To develop an understanding of the need and avenues of professional development of a Science teacher.
Components of the Course
: Self-authored material
: Concept map
: Journal Articles
: Web resources
• Reading and reflection
• Completion of Task assignments
• Take part in action-oriented work;
• Prepare for class discussions and share
• Create a project for generating Online Education.
• Present projects to the class as well as produce a written report.
Date of Publications: August 6, 2020
Website details: http://www.eduoer.wpcomstaging.com